1. Search a digital library, select one as your case:
- Use different queries (e.g., "mars", "mars exploration", "Volcano World").
- If there are duplicate records, analyze and determine whether they are true duplicates.
- Also examine all records and compare these records describing the same resource.
Europeana Portal http://www.europeana.eu/portal/
- Use synonyms in search (e.g., "World War II", "World War 2", "2nd World War ")
- Examine the number of hits after each search.
- Also examine some records and compare these records describing the same or similar resources.
- Think how a service can be provided to combine synonyms and remove the duplicates. For example, like http://bit.ly/Raphael-Europeana did (check the left side under "Matches for").
- Write a well-structured, brief report about your findings.
- Write a proposal of quality enhancement for the case you chose.
- Attach the records that you corrected or enhanced, and
mark your corrections or additions on the original records.